Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Surgery can cause cancer to spread – but not if you take these two drugs


Surgery can cause cancer to spread – but not if you take these two drugs
October 2, 2017


Many cancer-related deaths are the result of the reoccurrence of cancer after surgery. This is referred to as post-surgical metastasis. In metastasis, cells of primary tumors travel to other parts of the body, where they often proliferate into inoperable, ultimately fatal growths. Most doctors think that these metastatic cancers were spread before the surgery. But that may not be the case. 

In the last 20 years, animal studies have shown that there’s something about the psychological and physiological stress and inflammation that comes with surgery. And this can cause cancer cells to metastasize during the surgery. Now, researchers at Tel Aviv University, in collaboration with the University of California at Los Angeles and three Israeli hospitals, say they have found a specific drug regimen for these cancer patients. When they give this drug to patients before and after surgery, it “significantly reduces the risk of post-surgical cancer recurrence.” 

Previous studies have shown that there’s a reason surgery can cause a tumor to metastasize. It’s because it stimulates an excessive release of natural hormones called catecholamines and prostaglandins right before and during the surgery. So, the researchers in this study decided to try giving patients two drugs that decreased the release of these hormones. The medications are a combination of a beta blocker called propranolol, which is used to treat blood pressure, and an anti-inflammatory COX-2 inhibitor drug called etodolac (trade name Lodine). Doctors typically use this drug to treat the symptoms of arthritis. The two medications are similar in price to aspirin, and are easily administered to patients without contraindications.

For the study, the researchers gave 38 breast cancer patients etodolac 400 mg, twice daily for five days before surgery, the day of surgery, and five days after surgery. They gave extended release propranolol as follows: 20 mg twice a day for the five days preceding surgery; 80 mg on the morning of surgery and on the evening and morning following surgery; and 20 mg twice a day for five days after surgery.

Continued Below...


How to beat almost any health problem... by rejuvenating every single cell in your body!
This European breakthrough can reverse the effects of aging in your body's cells. Studies show it leads to healthier cholesterol, a sharper memory, a stronger liver and more.



After they removed the tumors, the researchers checked the molecular traits of the tumor and discovered an amazing finding. The drug treatment made the tumors less metastatic. According to lead author Professor Ben-Eliyahu, “We found that the drugs were very efficient in reducing biomarkers of metastatic processes.” He also added, “For example, we found that the drug treatment reverses EMT – the process that tumor cells go through to slip out of the primary tumor and enter another organ. It’s a crucially important step in the metastatic process.” And that’s not all. 

They also discovered that the drugs improved the function of the cells called natural killer cells that the immune system uses to kill cancer cells before they spread. The authors did not mince words, “Perioperative [before and during surgery] inhibition of COX-2 and ß-adrenergic signaling provides a safe and effective strategy for inhibiting multiple cellular and molecular pathways related to metastasis and disease recurrence in early-stage breast cancer.” And it doesn’t appear that this effect happens only to breast cancer cells. 

The same research team conducted a similar, as-yet-unpublished study on colorectal cancer patients, and found similar results. But here’s a sad commentary on today’s medicine. Professor Ben-Eliyahu said that although larger scale experiments are needed to further study the drugs, it isn’t likely to happen. Why? “Because the drugs used are generic medications and not protected by patents, and big pharma firms may not be interested in pursuing such research.”

If you are going to have surgery to remove a cancer, it makes good sense to discuss with your doctor about taking extended release propranolol along with etodolac for five days before surgery, on the day of surgery, and for five days after surgery. Propranolol can lower blood pressure and etolodac can increase bleeding tendency. But as long as your doctor knows about it, they can easily counter these effects.

Yours for better health,


Frank Shallenberger, MD

Sources:
Shaashua L, Shabat-Simon M, et al.
Perioperative COX-2 and ß-Adrenergic Blockade Improves Metastatic Biomarkers in Breast Cancer Patients in a Phase-II Randomized Trial. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Aug 15;23(16):4651-4661.
“Simple drug regimen could help prevent cancer recurrence, Israeli study says,” By Shoshanna Solomon, August 8, 2017, 1:16 pm 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, i didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numeriuos times for combination of treatments. and no changes so i decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him i want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what i must do and he delivered it to me in my state which i use according to his instruction, and today i must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life,i am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waist more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contact him today for you also to live a sound and happy life. he cure the following disease________Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Stroke,Lupus,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cnacer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. 

Mary Lora said...

I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor ehiaguna who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc ehiaguna email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through drehiaguna@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2348073908953... And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC