Friday, December 30, 2011

CUMIN Lowers Blood Sugar Dr. Robert Rowen

December 30, 2011
Popular spice lowers blood
sugar and boosts memory
In my last health alert, I told you how higher blood sugar and insulin levels can negatively impact your memory. I also promised to tell you about a wonderful spice that can help reduce your blood sugar levels and your need for more insulin. A new study shows that this spice directly affects your memory as well.
I've long touted spices and herbs as health treasures. Like curry (curcumin), basil, oregano, and more. Now let's add cumin to the list. Cultures around the world have long used it for digestive, respiratory, and female disorders. But this new study on rats has demonstrated that it helped their memory and cognition. It also blocked stress-induced urinary system damage in the animals and reduced their blood sugar levels. I suspect the latter contributed to the memory boost.
Just 3 mg of this essential "anti-aging" nutrient could protect you from brittle bones ... painful
joints ... memory loss ... prostate problems ... and more
But I'll practically guarantee you won't find it in your multivitamin formula!
How to get this nutrient - without adding another supplement to your daily regimen:
I love to read reports like this. Please use spices not only to enhance the taste of your food, but also to enhance the health of your cells. They contain powerful polyphenols, which give them their special taste and disease preventing properties.
In the January 2012 issue of Second Opinion, I'll tell you about another great nutrient that can significantly help your memory. If you're not a subscriber, you can sign up here. It's a great way to keep your New Year's resolution to get healthy and stay healthy.
I hope you have a happy and healthy New Year!
Yours for better health and medical freedom,


Robert J. Rowen, MD
Ref: Pharmaceutical Biology July 2011; 49(7): 702-708.

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!