Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Preventive Mastectomy Is Not Good Medicine


Preventive Mastectomy Is Not Good Medicine

A Reader’s Question
I´m 40 years old and a carrier of the BrCa1 gene. I had a preventive mastectomy in 2013 in Stockholm, Sweden. The doctors that treated me there say I definitely should remove my ovaries at my age. I live in Mexico since 10 years and the doctors I have seen here think that it´s too radical, what do you think? Maybe since Angelina Jolie just talked about her operation it would be interesting for all the people that follow you to hear what you think about it? My lifestyle and food habits are very alternative these days, I don´t regret my breast operation, but maybe if I´d known all I know today I wouldn´t have had it!
My mom died at 40 and her sister at 30 from breast cancer, they both left 3 young children behind, I have two children and the last thing I want to do is leave them without a mother, I´m willing to sacrifice my ovaries for that but I´d rather not! I hope for your answer!
love,
Maj Lindström
My Response to This Reader
Maj please forget this idea of removing your ovaries. Medically speaking it’s ridiculous as is preventive mastectomy. Why can I be so strong in saying this? Let’s just start with 200 mcg of selenium. Science says that little bit alone will cut your chance of dying from cancer by 50 percent. If you want to practice preventative medicine then you have to do a list of the right things and forget the doctors who are always going to be telling you to do such drastic and invasive procedures.
Read my essay Divine Cancer Mathematics. It will give you a lineup of preventive medicinals and you will again see numbers. What are the numbers they give you for their undesirable, unnecessary surgeries? Using magnesium, bicarbonate and iodine will do much more for you than butchering yourself will. Get yourself a BioMat and prevent cancer from ever forming or taking hold of you. Radiate yourself in light every night while you sleep, ever strengthening your immune system. Read my essay about how they can be used to treat cancer as well as prevent it.
Please learn and take part in breathing retraining, which is one thing a high risk potential cancer patient does not want to overlook. I wonder if the doctors told these women that the BRCA test detects positive mutations in only 25% or fewer of women with a strong family history and will not provide any useful information for the other 75% or more of women with strong family histories?
Testing is not 100% accurate. A positive test result can only estimate your risk of getting cancer, but it cannot predict with certainty whether or not you will get cancer. Test results can't determine your exact level of risk, at what age you might develop cancer, how quickly the disease might progress, or how likely you are to die of the disease.
Actress Angelina Jolie announced in a New York Times op-ed article that she underwent a preventive double mastectomy after learning that she carries a mutation of the BRCA1 gene, which sharply increases her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
"My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman," Jolie wrote. "Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy."
Obviously these doctors were guessing and not taking into account anything that Jolie could have done instead of letting the doctors mutilate her breasts.
Dear Angelina and Brad
Angelina Jolie wrote, “For any woman reading this, I hope it helps you to know you have options. I want to encourage every woman, especially if you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, to seek out the information and medical experts who can help you through this aspect of your life, and to make your own informed choices.”
Doctors are now convinced that this is definitely the right thing to do. Sorry to say to you Angelina Jolie and to you Brad Pitt that you were misinformed and you are misinforming everyone around you. Your idea of medical experts helping as if they knew the truth about cancer or anything else is just too much of a stretch of blind faith for us to trust.
Informed choices are not something these people offer and that is obvious in your case. And you forgot to mention Angelina, the added dangers of infection, disruption in lymph flow, and dangers of reconstructive implants not to mention the heavy psychological impact on a woman to give up her breasts, the life-giving essence of her being.
Women who receive positive test results for the BrCa1 gene feel anxious, angry and often depressed. They “may choose to have medical treatment, such as surgery, to try to prevent the cancer, and the treatment could have serious, long-term implications and uncertain effectiveness,” writes the Connecticut Department of Health. According to them “not all women with a potentially harmful BRCA mutation get breast or ovarian cancer. If you have a BRCA mutation, your chance of getting breast cancer is about 35 to 84%, and your chance of getting ovarian cancer is 10 to 50%.” Even despite these estimates of risk, the real numbers are still unknown and speculation alone is not adequate justification for such a body and psyche-altering act as is recommended by surgeons today.

Dr. Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD, DM (P)
Director International Medical Veritas Association
Doctor of Oriental and Pastoral Medicine
http://drsircus.com/
    

No comments: