Compact Fluorescent Bulbs are Making People Sick
By Mike Adams, January 19, 2009 | Key concepts: Compact fluorescent lights, Migraines and Electromagnetic pollution
Read Comments | Post Comments
Compact fluorescent light bulbs are filling home and office environments with dangerous electromagnetic pollution, causing devastating health effects on some people. Neurologists are increasingly taking notice of the headaches and migraines being reported by people exposed to compact fluorescent light bulbs.
Here's a video news report detailing this threat to your health: http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/global...
I've been warning NaturalNews about CFLs for years. It's not only the fact that they cause headaches and skin problems, it's also the fact that they contain mercury vapor, which is highly toxic to the nervous system if inhaled. (Unless you're a conventional dentist, of course, who absurdly believes mercury isn't harmful to the human body.)
This is why I founded EcoLEDs (www.EcoLEDs.com), which has been selling mercury-free, eco-friendly LED lights since late 2007. But LED lights are still too expensive for most consumers, and they're nowhere near the affordability of compact fluorescent bulbs.
Meanwhile, CFLs are all the rage these days, with hotels, offices and retail stores all turning to them as light sources, unwittingly unleashing a new wave of electromagnetic pollution onto consumers.
So what should you do in your home? Don't buy compact fluorescent light bulbs! Buy LED lights and you'll earn back the entire cost of the lights in just a couple of years due to savings on electricity expenditures. If you can't afford LEDs, stick with regular incandescent light bulbs until a better solution comes along. They aren't the best thing for the environment, but neither are mercury-containing CFL light bulbs, almost none of which are properly disposed of anyway.
I'm planning a big feature story on the CFL mercury scam, by the way. Watch for that on NaturalNews.