Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Golden Turmeric Milk Recipe


What Happened When I started Drinking Golden Milk Every Night Before Bed
JOY SANDRA - 2:49 AM



Everyone has their bedtime rituals. They get a drink of water, brush and floss their teeth, take a quick shower, and put on their dinosaur feety pajamas.

Or at least I do. Don’t knock my dino-jammies.

But one thing I started to do after I was encouraged to by an ayurvedic practitioner was to start drinking golden milk at most 60 minutes before bed. But what is golden milk?





The main ingredient of golden milk is turmeric, whose main compound of curcumin, a polyphenol from the Curcuma plant that has some series antioxidant, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory kick to it.

There is another important ingredient to golden milk: black pepper. When you combine black pepper and turmeric, you up the bio-avalability of curcumin about a thousand times. These means your body is able to take in even more of it.

So what did I experience when I started drinking golden milk?

1. A healthier liver.

It was hard to figure it out at first. Suddenly I just felt…better. Like my insides were just cleaner somehow. It turns out, turmeric is able to help boost the liver’s overall health, making it detox your body more effectively.

2. My brain was even brainier than before.

I like to think I’m pretty smart, but golden milk upped my brain game 100%! That’s because turmeric boosts your memory and improves brain function and information recall.

3. My colon wasn’t so hit-or-miss.

For me, diarrhea to constipation back to diarrhea is a reality. I have a digestive system that can be best described as angry. But when I started to drink golden milk, my digestive tract improved. I wasn’t so gurgly and gassy and I’m happy to proclaim my poops are now quite consistent. It’s nice.

4. I haven’t gotten sicks.

This could be luck of the draw, but turmeric improves your immune system, helping you avoid getting sick.

So how do you make it? First, make a turmeric paste.

You will need:

  • 1/2 a cup of filtered water.
  • 1/4 cup of organic turmeric powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of organic ground pepper.

Instructions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in a small pot, stirring over medium heat. Eventually, the mix becomes a paste. Let chill in the fridge.

Next, make the milk. You will need:

  • 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric paste
  • 1 cup of almond milk
  • Organic, raw, unfiltered honey for taste.

Instructions:

Mix all the ingredients together over medium heat except the honey. Do not allow it to boil. Add a bit of honey for taste and drink as soon as it’s cool enough.


1 comment:

Emma Megan said...

I just visited your site luckily and would like to say that I enjoy reading your posts every time. We will be waiting to get new articles from you. So informative and elaborative. You’ve just presented your nice ideas though your writing. Good work!

https://thespiceguide.com/