Saturday, February 27, 2016

She Lowered her TPO antibodies from 1678 to 138 in 10 months Hashimotos

Mimi’s Story: How She Lowered Her TPO Antibodies from Over 1,678 to 138 in 10 Months
Simple Share Buttons Plus (v1.1.3) simplesharebuttons.com/plus

  • 191
    1
    0


I asked Mimi Mills to write her story. I asked for 300 words, she gave me 900 but I just didn’t know how to edit it down, so I left it.
It’s long but worth the read.
“I wanted to share with all of you my own path on this crazy thyroid journey and I know many of you will relate to my story.
In short (it’s hard as I have so much to share!): I’ve always struggled with weight (in spite of being on diets since I was 19), anxiety, depression and fatigue.
The fatigue I’m talking about was not only about feeling tired all the time but also not having any motivation and joy to do anything. I think they call it a “living dead” person and that was me.
In 2009 I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. My TSH and F3 were OK but when I insisted on getting my TPOs checked, they came back skyrocketing – at 1,678!
Then, I stumbled across Magdalena and jumped into her 8-week Circle program. I still remember how the first thing she told me was “yes, everybody who calls me is ‘eating well’ yet they are sick. I will teach you how to eat ‘right’, not ‘well’.”
Right away, I was asked to also test for so many other things my doctor never paid attention to: TGB antibodies, vitamin D and B12, ferritin and the list goes on. To my surprise, the TGB antibodies came back also elevated (359).
I was asked to get my thyroid scanned (again, the endo never did that) as they can be an indication of thyroid nodules, cancer or estrogen dominance.
Thank goodness I had no nodules, so we did another test and it confirmed estrogen dominance. This explained my heavy periods and a miscarriage 2 years earlier.
It’s rather emotional to be sharing this with you as I’m angry sometimes with myself for not having done more work earlier. For those of you who had a miscarriage, you know how emotionally hard this is and how much of a taboo it is in our society.
Anyway, Magdalena asked me to write what we did to give hope and inspiration to more of you. So here are the few things I had done in the past 10 months:
  • I did the Elimination Diet by keeping a Journal, we also discovered that besides the Big 7s we cut out, I also react badly to lentils, onions, garlic and apples!  Magdalena told me about the low FODMAP diet which I had never heard about..
  • To improve my digestion, we cut out all the food high in FODMAPs and I’ve noticed my digestion and sugar cravings going down almost immediately.
  • I cut out dairy, gluten and most processed sugars as I learned that they exhaust me and I sleep so much better without them. I’ve learned so many new recipes that now I don’t even feel like I need them and even think about them!
  • My gut was never that bad (at least I thought so as I don’t suffer from constipation, bloating, acid reflux, etc) but since my TPOab were so high, I was put on a parasite and anti-candida protocol. I never knew I had candida – I thought that itchy ears and sinus congestion were normal. Within two weeks of doing the herbs, I started feeling my fatigue and anxiety lifting. That was so encouraging!
  • To address my estrogen dominance, I was given a list of liver-supporting juices made of dandelion, parsley, beets and celery. We also added DIM to help detoxify me from excess estrogen. Within 2 weeks I got my period and it was so much better – with far less pain and mood swings.
As you read this, it looks like lots of changes. It is but if you pace it, it’s very doable. I also learned so many new recipes and food I never cooked with, like all the different lattes, dandelion salads, green smoothies etc.
I think the biggest thing I’ve learned from this experience was to listen to my body. Yes, it’s good to have lab work but I’m not only a number – my symptoms are equally important.
Fast forward, I’ve been on this journey for 10 months now. I feel frigging good. My TPO antibodies are now down to 138. In spite of eating what I want (as long as I avoid the problem foods), I also lost 17 pounds.
The biggest rewards for me though was getting myenergy and enthusiasm back. As a person working in marketing, the pace and pressure is huge. I feel like my old self again; I can serve my clients and also to be a happier wife.
I still have more work to do. I want to better prepare my body for another pregnancy by lowering my antibodies to below 30. I’m well aware that elevated antibodies are not good for the baby. I can’t go into it with fear so the things I still want to work on are: doing a deeper detox, retesting my sex hormones and checking for heavy metals.
This journey has been so changing and so worth it. This is the best investment I made in a long time.
If you are thinking of joining the Circle, do it. Meeting other women who also struggle and understand what it is to have a sick thyroid and want to heal together is so much easier. You still get the 1:1 coaching and this was key to me. Good luck to all Thrivers!”
– Mimi Mills, Washingston DC.

Many people have emailed me after this post asking what you can do to have the same results. Mimi worked with me in a 8-week coaching circle but I’m currently not offering private coaching. What I would like to recommend for you to do is to go through the Cooking for Balance workshop and also get the three great bonuses – it’s a 6-day free online experience to give you guidance on what to eat or avoid to help your overall hormonal and thyroid health.

No comments: