Recipe: Homemade Coconut Milk
Homemade coconut milk is without a doubt better than canned. It's also GAPS friendly. The thick and creamy consistency depends on the quantity of water used, so experiment to find the consistency that you prefer.
This post is sponsored by the Paleo Recipe Generator, which features over 700 Paleo recipes personalized to meet your unique needs.
Type of dish: Fundamentals, Beverages
Servings: makes about 1½ quarts
Equipment: blender, cheesecloth
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 – 6 cups filtered water
- Place water and coconut in a blender and blend at high speed for 3 to 5 minutes to make a thin pulp.
- Using a cheesecloth, squeeze as much coconut milk out as possible.
- If you have a centrifugal juicer all the better.
- Should this recipe be used in cooking, it can be thickened by slow cooking/reduction in a saucepan on low heat. Keep refrigerated.
For more recipes like this, and meal plans that can be customized just for you, check out the Paleo Recipe Generator.