Saturday, March 2, 2013

Supplements Against Parkinson's Disease


Supplements Against Parkinson's Disease

Monday, 25 Feb 2013 10:12 AM
By Dr. Blaylock
Share:

Question: My father has Parkinson’s disease. What do you suggest I do to help reduce the inflammation in his brain?
 
 
Dr. Blaylock's Answer:
 
The most important thing to do is follow a good diet, avoiding further exposure to brain poisons and using the most potent anti-inflammatories available.
 
I also recommend supplementing with the compound hesperidin, the flavonoids curcumin
and quercetin, the plant silymarin, and possibly melatonin and vitamin D3 for someone who already has the disease. All of these reduce the brain’s inflammation and have the ability to slow the disease's progress.
 
There are three important considerations: supplying the brain cells with energy, preventing
excitotoxicity, and preventing inflammation. Curcumin in combination with quercetin will do
most of these things, but one must mix them with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for absorption. Other supplements at the top of the list include the vitamin D3, magnesium, and NAC (N-acetyl-L-cystine).
 
Finally, to maximize the anti-inflammatory effect, a combination of mixed tocotrienols and mixed tocopherols may need to be added.
 

© 2013 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.best brain supplements