I love summer – the warm weather, open windows, and nights spent on the porch. For as much as I love summer, I HATE mosquitoes and mosquito bites. It always seems like they are attracted to me and only me. I can spend ten minutes outside and come back in with ten mosquito bites.
Because I’d rather have tons of mosquito bites than use commercial bug spray, I developed this recipe.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil has been proven to be effective against killing mosquito larvae and repelling mosquitoes. Its strong scent masks carbon dioxide and lactic acid exhalations.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Contrary to popular belief, Lemongrass is the source of citronella oil that you want. It is an effective mosquito repellent
- Witch Hazel
- Witch Hazel is an excellent carrier for this blend as it is good for the skin, and will suspend the oils nicely.
- In a small spray bottle, combing 15 drops of Eucalyptus and 15 drops of Lemongrass into 2 oz. of Witch Hazel
- Shake Well
- Spray on exposed areas of the skin and clothes, especially the wrists and neck
- Enjoy a bug free day!