Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Liver and a Homeopathic Remedy for Liver Disease

Joette Calabrese, HMC, CCH, RSHom(Na)
November 29th, 2015  |  36 Comments
Print

I’m often asked which vitamins and supplements I take. My answer is simple. I don’t take vitamins and I use whole food supplements only sparingly.
I prefer to obtain my nutrients from foods that I make myself. I want all of the vitamins in full concert, not bifurcated and synthetic. So when it comes to Vitamins A, B, D and E, it’s easy for me because I happen to love liver.
Chicken or beef liver is my lunch of choice and I frequently make it, but my family doesn’t share my same palate.
When my kids were little, I could be sneaky about giving it to them. You know, grinding up free range liver (like venison) and hiding it in tacos, soup and meatballs. Since becoming adults, I’ve discovered that the most convenient (and least resistant) way to get them to consider consuming liver is through liver capsules.
This subsequently poses the questions: in what form, which brand and from whom?
Years ago I lived in a regal 1920’s building near the Gold Coast in Chicago. It was brimming with older great dames of style and elegance. One such lovely lady lived in the apartment next to mine, and we became friends.
When I commented on the extraordinary jewelry she was wearing, she offered her pearls of wisdom. “You know, my dear, that if you don’t know jewels and jewelry (and who has such time?) you must trust your jeweler.” It was her rationale for getting to know and befriend her purveyor of these exquisite gems.
I have followed her counsel ever since. Not in regards to jewelry, but with foods and nutrients instead.
I purchase the bulk of my food from a local farmer who pastures his livestock, a Pennsylvania Amish co-op, who does the same, and a Midwest Rancher. I also raise my own chickens. What little remains necessary for my pantry, I purchase organically from my local grocery store.
So if I’m going to take a supplement, I also want it to be pasture-raised and from a trustworthy source.
Today, as I watch the first snowfall here in Western New York, I am reminded of the importance of liver. From here on, I will begin my lunches of liver again, make liver pate for the holidays ahead, and purchase my winter stock of desiccated liver.
High quality nutrition from trusted sources and homeopathy are prized in my family, much the same as those beautiful jewels my former neighbor took such pride in.
By making the same investment in your family, you will be passing down the legacy of good health for each generation to come. What could be more valuable than that?
I have no affiliate relationship with Radiant Life which  means I receive no financial remuneration from sharing this information with you. I write this for your convenience.
Liver Disease is Met With Homeopathy
I can confidently say that just about any liver disorder is likely to be met most effectively with the remedy Chelidonium.  I have used it for fatty liver, liver tenderness, high bilirubin levels, pain or sensations in the liver area, as well as many pancreatic conditions.
It is useful in 6, 30 and occasionally 200, either in x or c potencies.
When my first child was born with a high bilirubin count, (most likely because I unwisely took pre-natal vitamins containing synthetic iron. But that’s a subject for another blog), he was put under lights. I learned later as a direct result of this event that I could have used Chelidonium 6x twice daily, and there would have been no time spent in the hospital.
Had I known then what I know now, I would have given it to him until the count reduced.
These days, I’m good and ready for when my grandkids arrive.
Today, I would not have done any more than simply observed the color of his sclera and gums to make this assessment. As the yellow discoloration faded away and they pinked-up, I’d have stopped the remedy then and there.
An important distinction to remember is that homeopathy is not vitamin therapy, nor supplement therapy, nor herbalism; it is medicine.
This means you cease its use when the condition has been corrected. And it is not taken “just in case.” It needs (and deserves) full recognition that it is intended to correct a condition using real medicine.
No speculations allowed here.
In the instance of liver support and liver correction: eat pasture-raised liver, take pasture-raised desiccated liver, and if the liver is ailing, use Chelidonium  as your medicine.

We've provided links for your convenience but we do not receive any remuneration nor affiliation in payment from your purchase.
Joette is not a physician and the relationship between Joette and her clients is not of prescriber and patient, but as educator and client. It is fully the client's choice whether or not to take advantage of the information Joette presents. Homeopathy doesn't "treat" an illness; it addresses the entire person as a matter of wholeness that is an educational process, not a medical one. In order to be treated or diagnosed, Joette believes that the advice of a holistic physician is in order.


No comments: