There is no wall separating your mouth from the rest of your body–toxins in your mouth affect your health as a whole!
The average person uses 10-15 body products each day, with an average of 126 different ingredients. I buy organic, chemical-free products, and when I can, I make my own. I use this homemade Toxin-Free Toothpaste every day. It’s simple, easy, and will leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
In a small mason jar or glass container, mix:
- 1/2 C baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2-6 drops of essential oil of peppermint (optional)
In a dark bottle, mix:
- 1 part hydrogen peroxide 3%
- 1 part filtered water
Dip your toothbrush in the hydrogen peroxide and water mixture, then dip your toothbrush in baking soda mixture. Brush teeth.
At night, I use a WaterPik to floss in between my teeth and really get them clean. I recommend adding one of the following to the warm water in your WaterPik:
- Organic apple cider vinegar/water (dilute 1:8)
- 3% hydrogen peroxide (1 oz in 8 oz)
- Silver Tongue Oral Disinfectant (1 teaspoon)
Toxin-Free Toothpaste recipe compliments of Dr. Stuart Nunnally, DDS. For more information about how to keep your mouth healthy, listen to my podcast with him!